Patented Streamer Discharge Technology
what is the Daikin Streamer Discharge Technology?
“Streamer Discharge” is a type of plasma discharge in which high-speed electrons capable of oxidative decomposition are generated. It has the ability to eliminate bacteria and mould as well as hazardous chemical substances and allergens, etc. Compared to standard plasma discharge (glow discharge), the discharge range of Daikin’s Streamer Discharge is wider, which makes electrons easier to collide with oxygen and nitrogen in the air. This enables high-speed electrons to be generated three dimensionally over a wide area, which results in an oxidative decomposition speed that is over 1000 times greater with the same electrical power. Daikin’s Streamer Discharge technology has proven successful in stably generating high speed electrons, a geat that has been considered difficult up to now.
How the decomposition mechanism of Streamer discharge Technology works
If it were thermal energy, the decomposition strength would be comparable to a heat of approximately 100,000â„ƒ1,
Daikin Streamer Discharge technology eliminates harmful substances
Viruses and bacteria that have been proven to be deactivated
- Influenza virus (type A, H1N1)
- Highly virulent avian influenza virus (type A, H5N1
- Bacillus coli, O-157
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Tuberculosis bacteria
- Toxins (enterotaxins)
Allergens that have been proven to be decomposed
- Fungal allergens: sooty modulds, aspergillus, eurotium, aspergillus niger, fusarium, penicillium
- Pollen based allergens: cedar pollen, alder pollen, birch pollen, japanese cypress pollen, pencil cedar pollen, bald cypress pollen, mugwort pollen, archard grass pollen, ragwood pollen, sweet vernal grass pollen, timothy grass pollen, gleawort pollen, Japanese beech.
- Allergens from animate beings: house dust mile (dermatophagoides pteronyssinus) (droppings and dead mites), house dust mite (dermatophagoides farinae) (droppings and dead mites), American cockroach (droppings), German cockroach (droppings), flea (droppings), dog epidermis (dander), cat epidermis (dander), hamster epidermis (dander).
- Other: wheat flour
A clean technology that’s recognised by public institution*in Japan and abroad.
Tests that prove the effectiveness of the Streamer Technology.
*Following experiments were practised by third parties based on Daikin Industries Ltd’s request.
Hazardous chemical substances that have been proved to be removed by Streamer technology
- diesel exhaust particulates (DEP)
- Hazardous chemical substances in exhaust gas: NOx, tetrachlorethylene, benzene, trichloroethylene, dichloroethane, dichloromethane, chloroform
- VOC type hazardous chemical substances: iso-butanol, hexane, styrene, nonanoic acid, trimethl benzene, xylene, naphthalene, ethyl benzene, toluene, ethyl acetate
This product can be used to improve the quality of the air by removing airborne hazardous chemical substances, allergens, mould, bacteria, and virused, etc. However, this product is not intended for the creation of sterlle environments or for the prevention of pathogen infections.
This description relates to the Streamer Technology devised by Daikin, but not to this Air Purifier, Test results from use of the Streamer Technology are generated according to prescribed test methods conducted by daikin. Although the Streamer Technology is contained within this Air Purifier, this does not mean that precisely the same results will be experienced using this Air Purifier, Actual results may differ depending on the conditions of product installation and use of the actual product, etc.
This product is not a medical device, medical treatment device or a therapeutic good. This product is not intended to have any therapeutic use or to be used for the diagnosis treatment, relief or prevention of illness. If you have a health concern or are not feeling well, please consult a health care professional.