Air conditioner Warranty
Please read the following carefully before the purchase of any product.
Warranty Terms & Conditions
The warranty period for the air-conditioner is as follows –
- In respect of the air-conditioner, in general, fifteen (15) months from the date of delivery or twelve (12) months from the date of installation, whichever earlier from Daikin Airconditioning (Singapore) Pte Ltd ("Daikin").
- The hermetically sealed Compressor shall be warranted for a further period immediately following the general warranty stipulated in the Certificate. Daikin will replace the compressor if, in Daikin's judgment, it became inoperative as a result of defective materials.
- The warranty shall not apply to all parts or materials used for the replacement of defective parts of the air-conditioner pursuant to this Warranty.
- If the air-conditioner is defective in materials or workmanship during the applicable warranty period, Daikin will repair or replace such defective parts of the air-conditioner free of charge provided that the air-conditioner has been properly installed, used and maintained. Whether the defective part will be repaired or replaced will rest solely in Daikin's discretion.
- The compressor warranty does not cover the following costs –
- Labour and transport
- Charging of refrigerant
- Other components within the refrigerant circuit
- The warranty shall become void under the following situations –
- Tempering, alteration, modification, misuse or change in the air-conditioner in terms of design or function or set being dropped; or
- Usage of any part in the air-conditioner other than genuine Daikin parts; or
- Defects or damage due to misuse or abuse, whether accidental or intentional, improper maintenance, use after a partial failure, use with a water supply of improper quality or electrical supply of improper voltage or frequency; or
- Damages resulting from accident, flood, fire, acts of God or other events beyond Daikin's control; or
- If the air-conditioner is connected to other brand/make; or
- Defects or damage due to failure to follow Daikin's instruction as regard the application, installation, use, service or maintenance, or to failure to comply with local codes, standards, ordinances or industry specifications.
- The Warranty also does not cover the following –
- Electric bulbs, fuses, internal and external finishing
- General servicing of the air-conditioner
- In addition, Daikin will not render service or repair to air-conditioners under the following circumstances –
- Units installed at inaccessible position
- Units installed at places where air is exposed to chemical fumes
- Workmanship problems found on external field piping and insulation materials
- In the event that the Certificate is misplaced or lost, a re-printing fee of $20.00 (exclusive of GST) will be chargeable to the owner.
- Daikin's responsibility under this Warranty ends if the original purchaser –
- Relocates the air-conditioner
- Exports the air-conditioner out of Singapore
- Details of the Certificate generated from Daikin Online Warranty System shall be final. Any warranty certificate with different information shall be rendered null and void.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED IN THIS DAIKIN WARRANTY IS THE ONLY WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER FOR MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR OTHERWISE IS HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.
In no event shall Daikin be liable for special or consequential damages arising from the purchase, possession or use of the airconditioner sold by Daikin.