refrigerant gas (r134a)
R134a Refrigerant is a common refrigerant that is used in many air conditioning applications, usually packaged in blue colour cylinders.
Due to the nature of R134a properties which is of a HFC (hydrofluorocarbon) refrigerant, it does not have any ozone depletion potential and has little greenhouse effect. R134a is a good replacement of R12 which has been used in number of applications.
The manufacture and use of refrigerants in air-conditioners that cause ozone depletion and global warming are regulated under the Montreal Protocol and the Kyoto Protocol.
Demand for R134a refrigerant and other HFC will gradually increase due its lower environmental burden.
Some Challenges faced with other Unreliable Refrigerant
- ❌ Erratic Operation: Abnormal pipe temperature
- ❌ Poor Cooling: Insufficient cooling
- ❌ Parts Failure: High amounts of moisture found in compressor
- ❌ High Consumption: Results to unwanted higher electrical consumption
- Zero Ozone layer delpleting properties
- Very commonly used in area of centrifugal, rotary screw, scroll and reciprocating compressors