As Singapore’s No.1 Air-Conditioner Brand* that prides itself in Perfecting the Air, Daikin’s innovation iSmile Eco Series with zero ozone depletion and higher energy efficiency makes ECO the new way to go!
*Source: Euromonitor International Limited; Consumer Appliances 2021ED, Daikin brand retail volume sales units, 2020 data.
Click here to read more about Daikin R32 refrigerant.
As part of green efforts, we have set up an Eco-Corner, to allow your servicing contractor / installer to send recovered refrigerant to Eco Corner for reclamation and treatment. Click here to read more on our Eco Corner.
Zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)
Protects human health by not depleting ozone layer.
Ozone depletion is the reduction in amount of ozone layer in the stratosphere due to pollutants such as chlorofluorocarbons. By using R-32 Refrigerant, there is zero impact on the ozone layer depletion.
Lower Global Warming Potential (GWP)
R32 has a Lower Global Warming Potential (GWP) of 675 compared with R410A’s GWP of 2,088. A lower GWP is better for the environment.
GWP is a measure of how much energy the emission of 1 ton of a gas will be absorbed over a given period of time, relative to the emissions of 1 ton of Carbon Dioxide. The larger the GWP, the more that a given gas warms the Earth compared to CO2 over that time period.
Highest Energy Efficiency
Achieve higher cooling capacity and the desired temperature faster. Save money and reduce carbon footprint. Daikin R32 series are energy efficient which acquired 5 Ticks in full line up. Furthermore, they have the strongest cooling capacity that can quickly cool every corner of the room. It ensures that you can enjoy energy saving and optimal comfort.
DAIKIN MOBILE CONTROLLER
Control your air conditioner from everywhere via smartphone
Convenient with Remote Control
No worries about forgetting to on your air conditioner
No matter how busy,
everything is in control!
is used to deactivate
all air conditioners.
Cool rooms are ready!
- Indoor Unit Wall Mounted Type (CTKM25/35/50/60/71VVMG)
- Indoor Unit Ducted Connected Type (CDKM25/35/50/60VVMG)
- Indoor Unit Ducted Connected Type (FDMF 50/60/71VVMG)
- Outdoor Unit (MKM50/75/85/100VVMG)
- View MKM75VVMG in AR
- 1) What is the main difference between R32 and R410a refrigerant?
- R32 is classified as A2L (mildly flammable) and R410a is non-flammable.
- 2) Why choose R32 Refrigerant?
- REDUCE GLOBAL WARMING
- R32 has a Lower Global Warming Potential (GWP) of 675 compared with R410A’s GWP of 2,088. A lower GWP is better for the environment.
- REUSABLE & RECYCLABLE
- R32 is a single component refrigerant which makes reclamation easier while R410A is a blended refrigerant.
- ZERO OZONE DEPLETION POTENTIAL
- Protects human health by not depleting ozone layer.
- HIGHEST ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- Achieve higher cooling capacity and the desired temperature faster. Save money and reduce carbon footprint.
- REDUCE REFRIGERANT CONSUMPTION
- Use less refrigerant than R410A in Air Conditioners, thus reduce the Green House Gas Emission.
- COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT OUTDOOR UNIT
- With lesser refrigerant charge, heat exchangers and other components have a smaller design.
- REDUCE GLOBAL WARMING
- 3) How easy is R32 to ignite?
- R32 is difficult to ignite. For ignition to occur,its concentration in air must be between 14% [300g/m3] and 29%, the concentration must be relatively still and there must be sufficient energy source present at the same time to cause ignition. Sparks generated by relays or switches in household appliances.
- 4) Why does the R32 Safety Data Sheet (SDS) say ‘EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE’?
- The flammability classification shown on all Safety Data Sheets (SDS) is determined in accordance with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS). The GHS classification uses a simplistic approach; gases are classified only by the percentage concentration of gas required to create a flammable mixture of air. Other important factors such as how easy the gas is to ignite or how it behaves once ignited are not take into consideration. Under the GHS classification, any gas that is ignitable at a flammable range of at least 12 percentage points is classified as Category 2.1 gas and is required to carry the hazard statement ‘EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE GAS’. R32 has a flammable range of around 15 points and so it meets the definition of the GHS for a category 2.1 gas but other factors as mentioned above are not taken into account. (ISO 817:2014 classifies R32 as A2L (mildly flammable) and takes into account the burning velocity of R32 also)
- 5) Is R32 toxic?
- R32 in its normal state is non-toxic. However, if exposed to a naked flame, it can produce toxic chemicals, including hydrogen fluoride. It is the same as R410A and R22. Daikin recommends standard trade good practice by purging with dry nitrogen to prevent pipe contamination and avoid burning any residual refrigerant.
- 6) How does R32’s energy efficiency compare to R410A?
- When installed in a system of similar size, R32 can increase the energy efficiency by around 6-8%.
- 7) What is the difference between iSmile Series and iSmileEco Series?
- Ismile series has a smaller Outdoor unit (MKM50VVMG) and use R32 refrigerant.
- 8) Do I need to install any App before I set up the wi-fi ?
- Download Daikin Mobile Controller App via Appstore / Google Playstore.
- 9) How do I setup the wi-fi after installing the iSmile series?
- You can click here to follow the steps on how to set up.
- 10) What functions do the Daikin Mobile Controller App have?
- Control your aircon when you are out of home and schedule function and Vacation mode.
- 11) Can I still setup the wi-fi to the iSmile series aircon if my wi-fi signal is weak?
- It is recommended to have strong wifi signal at the area that the Indoor unit will be install as weak signal will delay or may not be able to send the data to the Daikin Mobile receiver.
- 12) My router does not come with WPS button, how do I set up the wi-fi?
- Kindly call DAIKIN Call Centre 64840083 for assistance.
- 13) Are Daikin installers trained to install / handle R32 products?
- Yes. Visit here for the list of R32 trained installers.