- What are the types of home aircon available?
Daikin has many products to suit the needs of residential use such as our Smile Series, iSmile series, SmartEnvi series, Ezi Series, etc. please visit here
- What are the objectives of the Energy Labelling Scheme?
Energy Labelling Scheme indicates energy efficiency information of the product to help consumers make purchase decision by differentiating the product by energy efficiency and simulate introduction of cost effective, energy efficient technology. It also promotes environmental protection initiatives through usage of energy efficient product. For more information, please visit hereto find out more about our residential aircon product series
- What does the Green Tick Rating Label means for air conditioning?
The Green Tick Rating Label means how energy efficient the air conditioner is according to the number of ticks given. The more ticks, the better efficiency just like our 5 Ticks Smile Series! Find out more about our authorised dealers for the most efficient system in town!
- What is the estimated electrical consumption of an air conditioner per month?
You can calculate using this formula: Estimated Electrical Consumption = Input (kW) X No. of hours used X No. of days per month X Current Utility Rate
Of course, the air conditioner model and usage pattern also plays a part!
- What is the average life span of a residential air conditioner?
Every equipment lifespan is subjective to individual's usage and maintenance. However, Daikin Airconditioners are top quality and you can rest assure you will be getting your money's worth.
Don't forget to service your aircons every 3 - 6 months to maintain its equipment efficiency level, sign up for an appointment today!
- What is an Inverter air conditioner? Is this more efficient than a non-Inverter conventional air conditioner?
Yes! Inverter air conditioner delivers cool air by varying the frequency of the compressor which regulates the refrigerant to meet the desired temperature with minimal fluctuations.
- What is the average price of a Daikin air conditioner unit?
It depends on the requirements of your ideal air conditioner. Feel free to contact our Daikin Authorised Dealers to find out more!
- What model is suitable for my residence?
The selection depends on room size, usage, number of rooms you require to be air conditioned, HDB requirements and your preferred temperature setting. It would be advisable to consult your authorised dealers / contractors to perform a heat load calculation on your premise before selecting a suitable model for your application.
The selection depends on:
- Room size & number of rooms
- Usage pattern & preferred temperature setting
- HDB requirement
Feel free to consult our Daikin Authorised Dealers to perform a heat load calculation on your residence before the selection.
- Where can I find a good installer / contractor?
Fret not! We have a full listing of our Daikin Authorised Dealers; where you can find a suitable one for sure! Don't forget to check that installer/contractor is installing Daikin DSP Materials.
- Are onsite assessments chargeable?
Please contact any of your Preferred Dealer for this enquiry.
- What is COP?
COP (Coefficient of Performance) indicates how well the air conditioner uses energy. A higher COP means greater energy efficiency which will result in lower electricity consumption, hence saving money.
- What is the recommended human comfort temperature setting?
The recommended temperature setting is around 22ºC to 24ºC. However, it also depends on different individual's preferred comfort level.
- What will happen if I do not do any servicing?
Oh no! No regular maintenance servicing will reduce the air conditioner's performance and cooling efficiency.
- Shorten the life span of the air conditioner
- Cooling coil & rotor will clog
- Water leakage may occur
Check out our Daikin Servicing and Maintenance contracts available and book an appointment today!
- Can I place an electrical appliance below the air conditioner?
Well, we do not advise you to do that because:
- Moisture in the air may condense and drip on the electrical applicance below the indoor unit
- Condensation may form at the piping connections during cooling operation at the outdoor unit
- Can I put flower pots on the outdoor unit?
For safety purposes, nothing should be placed on top of the outdoor unit as this could pose inconvenience to the air conditioner servicemen and danger to other residents as well.
- Why Daikin recommends customer to use DSP Materials?
Our materials have undergone proper testing certification locally and are certified with the highest quality. It is important to use good materials to prevent serious issues, such as condensation, refrigerant leak or bacteria growth, from arising.
- Are spare parts easily available?
Absolutely! We have the best supply of spare parts in Singapore. Do visit our Spare Parts Centre at 10 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 Singapore 569501. Operation hours are 9am to 5pm (Mon-Fri) and 9am to 12pm (Sat). Our friendly counter staffs will gladly assist you. Check out the available e-payment methods here.
- If my room is exposed to direct sunlight, will it affect the selection of the air conditioning unit?
Yes, the cooling rate will be affected. We will suggest for you to contact any Daikin Authorised Dealers for further advise.
- Does Daikin have a showroom?
Of course! Do visit our SmartHub for a life changing experience and be astonished by our wide range of airconditioning and smart home products!
Showroom Opening Hours
Mon to Fri: 9am to 6pm
Sat, Sun & Public Holiday: Closed
- How do I apply for a permit from HDB to install an air conditioner?
- Firstly, you must submit the floor plan of the house to the installer. They will submit the air conditioner catalogue, floor plan and application form to HDB for approval. Thereafter, you will receive a letter of permit from HDB.
- What happens if the filter signs lights up and what is its function?
The filter light indicator acts as a reminder for users to clean the air filter. After cleaning, you need to reset by pressing the filter sign button on the remote controller to deactivate the red light.
- Is every air conditioner model suitable for all types of housing i.e. 4-room flats, terrace houses, condominiums etc.?
Daikin has a system for everyone! Do contact our Daikin Authorised Dealers for all your installation needs.
- Where can I purchase an air purifying filter?
- You can easily purchase from our Spare Parts Centre at No. 10 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2. Please call our Service Call Centre at 6311-8686 from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (Monday - Friday) and 9.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. (Saturday).
- Can the air purifying filter be washed?
- No, it has to be replaced every three months or whenever it turns dark. The air purifying filter is not reusable.
- What is the purpose of an air purifying filter?
- It helps to remove fine dust, pollen, tobacco smoke and odour in the room. Thus, it provides cleaner and fresher air for healthy living. It is commonly used by customers who are sensitive to dust.
- What are the advantages of VRV?
- VRV offers a wide capacity range, space savings, flexible design with a wide array of indoor units, easy installation with long piping length, quiet operation, optimal comfort and easy energy saving.
- What is a VRV?
- VRV stands for Variable Refrigerant Volume. It is widely used in high and low rise commercial buildings, residential houses, bungalows and semi-detached houses. As many as 16 fan coil units can be connected to a single outdoor unit.
- What is a compressor?
- A compressor is a motor inside the Condensing Unit (CU). It functions as a pump to circulate refrigerant in the air conditioning system.
- What is an outdoor unit?
- An outdoor unit is also known as Condensing Unit (CU). It is normally installed outdoor to discharge hot air.
- What is an indoor unit?
- An indoor unit is also known as Fan Coil Unit (FCU) or blower unit. It is installed in the room and produces cold air.
- Does Daikin sell or rent second hand air conditioners?
- What is the difference between super-multi series and normal multi series?
Super-multi series system uses inverter technology whereby the compressor varies its frequency according to the load to regulates the refrigerant to satisfy room cooling requirements to achieve the desired temperature with minimal fluctuations. Power consumption is less compared to normal multi series.
- Where/who can I buy the air conditioners from?
- You can purchase them from any of our Authorised Dealers.
- What is an Inverter?
Build a cool environment with Daikin inverters. With inverter powerful operation, it boosts cooling performance when you first turn on the aircon or when you want to change temperature. Our revolutionary technology allows precise temperature control that constantly readjusts itself to the environment and changing occupancy. It is powerful and energy efficient while providing a comfortable environment in every room.
- What does the warranty cover?
- The warranty period for the equipment is fifteen (15) months from the date of delivery or twelve (12) months from the date of installation, whichever is earlier from Daikin Airconditioning (S) Pte Ltd. Daikin covers two (2) types of warranty, the General Warranty and Compressor Warranty. General Warranty covers all parts of the equipment (excluding installation works installed at the premises). Replacements of all faulty parts are FREE OF CHARGE during the first (1st) year. Compressor Warranty covers ONLY the compressor itself. Replacement of faulty compressor is chargeable except within the first year of warranty as mentioned above. Labour and transportation charges apply. Please call Daikin Call Centre at 6311 8686 for more details on the charges.
- Does the warranty period cover General Servicing and/or Chemical Flushing?
- No. It is NOT covered during the warranty period. A servicing fee will be chargeable for any General Servicing or Chemical Flushing. Please call Daikin Call Centre at 6311 8686 for more details.
- Under what conditions will the warranty end?
- The warranty will end when: a) The equipment is relocated to another premise. b) The equipment is exported out of Singapore.
- Under what conditions will the warranty be void?
- The warranty will be void under the following conditions: Tampering, alteration, modification, misuse and mishandling of the equipment. Damage caused by defective wiring, incorrect voltage and fluctuations or interruptions in the electrical power supply. Damage caused by natural calamities such as fire, lightning strike or flood, etc. Equipment connected to other make or brand.
- What shall I do if my warranty certificate is misplaced?
Fret not. Simply call us for a reprint of your warranty certificate if you have already registered the warranty for your equipment before. Charges apply.
- What is not being covered in the compressor warranty?
- It does not cover labour and transportation, charging of refrigerant and other components within the refrigeration circuit.
- Do I need to insulate both pipes?
- Yes. Both the liquid and the gas pipes MUST be insulated to prevent water condensation from occurring.
- How to ensure proper insulation during installation?
Additional insulation of thickness 10mm or more of glass wool or polyethylene foam will be required under the following conditions:
- When the temperature and humidity in the ceiling exceed 30 degrees
- Relative Humidity (RH) 80%.
- When the unit is expected to operate for 24/7.
- Is piping insulation important during installation?
- If the piping installation is not sufficient, condensation may form on the surface on the insulation.
- Do we need to check on the installation materials?
- We recommend you check the premium installation materials are from DSP.
- What are the common installation problems?
- The common installation problems are: water leaking noisy units wiring misconnection
- Who can I contact for installation issues?
Daikin Authorised Dealers are the best certified professional that will surely satisfy all your installation enquiries! Do contact them at http://www.daikin.com.sg/contact
- Where can I find reliable installer/contractor?
- See full list of Daikin Authorised Dealers on our website.
- Why do I need to install the drain tray?
- Drain tray is installed so as to prevent condensation water from dripping. It is installed under the outdoor unit. The water is then channelled to the nearest toilet or floor trap via PVC piping.
- How often should my air conditioner be chemical flushed?
Do you feel cool air from your air-conditioner? If you don't feel the cool air, probably its time to engage Daikin's professional team of technician to ascertain whether is there a need to perform a chemical flush or steam cleaning for your equipment. Book a servicing appointment today!
- What does Chemical Flushing cover?
Chemical Flushing uses chemical to penetrate and remove stubborn accumulated dust and grime that inhibits and chokes the cooling coil and drain pipe. A safer and environmentally friendlier alternative will be Steam Cleaning.
- Can I do my own chemical flushing?
We highly DO NOT recommend to do it without professional personnel. As chemical flushing is a complicated procedure which involves dismantling of the fan coil unit components, it is advisable to engage a qualified air conditioner technician to perform the job.
- How often should my air conditioner be serviced?
- It is recommended to have the air conditioner serviced on a regular basis by a qualified technician to maintain optimum performance and cooling efficiency as well as maintaining the life span of the air conditioner. It is recommended to perform a quarterly servicing (if unit is use everyday).
- Does Daikin provide maintenance contract to residential, commercial and industrial buildings?
- Yes. We provide maintenance contract to residential, commercial and industrial buildings. For more details, please contact our Service Call Centre at 6311 8686.
- What if the fan coil gets coated with ice?
- There is a need to chemically flush your fan coil unit. It is recommended to engage a qualified air conditioner technician to perform the job.
- How much does Daikin charge for General Servicing of Fan Coil Units?
- Daikin charges $80 for the first fan coil unit with an additional unit at $40 each (exclusive prevailing GST and is applicable only to equipment with less than 3 horsepower). Charges will be different during promotion period. For more details, please contact our Service Call Centre at 6311 8686.
- What should I do if my remote control is faulty?
- You may purchase another remote controller at our Spare Parts Centre, from 9am-5pm (Monday - Friday) and 9am-12noon (Saturday). Alternatively, you may wish to repair the faulty remote controller at a minimum repair charge at $40.00 (subjected to prevailing GST). If it is beyond repair, you are recommended to purchase a new remote controller.
- What does General Servicing cover?
- General Servicing includes washing of the front panel (cover), air filter, drain pan and fan rotor with water, clearing the drainage pipe thoroughly, and check the operating condition and temperature of the air conditioning systems.
- What solutions are there for fighting virus?
- Find out more about our IAQ Solutions.
- Why is the Fan Coil Unit (Indoor Unit) still operating when the Condenser (Outdoor Unit) is not?
- When the room temperature has reached its set temperature by the remote controller, the condensing unit will stop operating. It will assume operation once the temperature rises.
- Why does the air conditioner (Indoor Unit) produce a foul smell?
- This is due to the smell of the room, furniture or cigarettes being absorbed into the unit and discharged together with the airflow. Please contact a qualified serviceman to service your air conditioner in the event that the air conditioner produce foul odour.
- Why is the air conditioner unable to receive the signal from the remote control?
- The possible causes are: Batteries in the remote control may have run out of power. Objects may be blocking the receiver at fan coil unit. The distance between the sensor and remote control may be too far. Alternatively, you can bring your remote control to our spare parts centre for checking.
- Why is my air conditioner (Indoor Unit) not cold?
- The common causes are: Air filter dirty. Object blocking the air inlet/outlet of the indoor/outdoor units. Temperature set too high. Windows and doors are opened. Airflow direction is not appropriately set. Remote controller is not in the cooling mode. Parts may be faulty. Please engage our Daikin Service personnel.
- Why is my air conditioner (Indoor Unit) noisy?
- The blower of the air conditioner may be dirty. Please contact qualified service serviceman to service your air conditioner.
- Why does water drip from the Condenser Unit (Outdoor Unit)?
- It is normal for water to drip from the Condenser Unit as condensation takes place when warm air surrounds the piping connections.
- Can I set my louver into a fixed position?
- The louver will only stay at that position for a period of 15 minutes by pressing the "swing" button at the remote control. After 15 minutes, the louver will automatically move again. The purpose of this is to prevent condensation at the louver.
- Why is there water leaking at the air conditioner (Indoor Unit)?
- This is because water is not drained out from the drainage pipe or water is trapped in the pipe, which is blocked by dirty particles. Please contact a qualified service technician to attend to your air conditioner.
- What is the difference between steam cleaning and chemical wash?
Simply, one uses Steam and the other uses Chemical.
Daikin Steam Cleaner is different from other commercial cleaners and uses powerful pressure to penetrate the evaporator coil, thoroughly cleaning the equipment. Whereas for chemical wash, alkaline solution is used. Find out more about Steam Cleaning.
- How often should my aircon conditioner be serviced by steam cleaning?
Steam cleaning does not affect the coil condition. It will not cause corrosion on the coil.
Steam cleaning can be recommended as and when the coil is choked and smelly and this depends on the usage pattern of the aircon units.
- There are some feedbacks that steam cleaning is not effective in cleaning badly choked coil. Why is Daikin recommending steam cleaning now?
Normal steam cleaning will only clean the evaporator coil surface. The steam does not penetrate into the coil.
Daikin unique Steam Cleaning is able to provide high steam penetration into the coil to effective clean the choke coil. Book an appointment and try it today!
- In what industries / condition is steam cleaning recommended?
Steam cleaning is highly recommended in industries dealing with food as no chemical is used.
Other industries that will benefit from steam cleaning are restaurants, childcare centre, hospital and clinic.